Thursday, September 5, 2013

John



I could hear my rapid breath
As I lay awake in bed
Remembering the time I first gave up
For nothing happened to me anymore
I was told to tell the world my life
But as I said
Nothing ever happened to me
Then I met you
And when I finally jumped
You caught me
I was down
You picked me up
And when I crumbled
You taped me back together
You simply refused to say goodbye
And that’s when I realized
You loved me
So why?
When you looked down at me
With your unforgettable coat blowing around you
And your shoes inches off the edge
My face puffy and red
While painful tears stream down
You pressed the dreadful cell to your face
And you said those final words
I wanted so hard to places my shaking hands over my ears
Wishing I couldn't hear a single word you said
“I’m a fake” you told me
“Okay, shut up. Shut up” I replied
Goodbye
And with your arms stretched out wide
You didn’t fly
When I’d jumped
You’d caught me
When I was down
And picked me up
You taped me back together
When I crumpled
You'd loved me
So why did I hear
The crunching of your body breathing
And your dark blood pouring out more and more onto the ground around
Your final resting place
Everything stopped
At least it did for me
As I ran towards you
Even though the world seemed to be trying to stop me
From getting to you
My love
And only for seconds
I was allowed to stand
Over your cold body
When it was your turn to jump
I couldn't catch you
You were down
And I couldn't hold you
You crumbled
I had no tape
I thought you loved me…
But our time together will never end
For I have the feeling
That I will see you soon
And until then
I promise I won't forget
Your face
Forever embedded in my heart

-Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment