Monday, June 3, 2013

Never to Be the Same Again

Do you remember that night?
That cold, dark night
The one of fire and rain
The two of us hid from the white light
The devils were coming, searching, trying to steal us away
Where were our angels?
Did they not see us?
Did they not hear us?
Our screams filled the burning sky
I did not see
I couldn’t have
For how was I to know
That our saviors from above had forgotten
They had forgotten that we were there
The two of us
Only children at the time
Forgetful children
Careless children
Children who were late when the ringing filled the sky
Oh, the memories of the sky that night
That cold, dark night
Our view of the many deaths over head
My eyes grew wide
I grabbed your hand
Never to be the same again


-Apple

I have been waiting so long to put this poem on because it is by far my favorite that I have wrote. I hope that you see the true meaning in the words.

2 comments: