Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello

The room was filled
With people without faces
Just small talk
And forgetfulness
As we stand in a circle
Getting to know people is always hard
Should I lie
Or ruin everything and tell them about the real me
Then someone starts
Hello, my name is Remorse
Have we met
Only once or twice
Or every single day of my life
Hello, my name is Defeat
I know you recognize me
We used to play together
When we were younger
And when you thought you'd won
I'd kill you again
Hello, my name is Envy
Remember
I'm the one who always won
Always had this and that
You may not remember me
But I remember the look in you eyes
As you stared at my name
Hello, my name is Anger
Don't look at me like that
We're family after all
Yet
Why was it
That I
Was always better
And then it's my time
Hello, my name is...

-Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment